Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fat Quarters are Fun


I love Fat Quarters! They're just the right size for small projects that you're only going to try once. I think I bought these beauties at Millie P's in Anoka. As soon as I laid eyes on them I knew I wanted to make this folded zippered case. Call it a make-up case or a cord carrier - it's pretty darn cute! I made it at Quilt Club (Sewn Together) and had Laina in mind because she was off in Tulsa. 


I don't know the name of this fabric! Oh no! The binding
is Cotton and Steel, though.


One side has mesh and the other clear plastic. Don't you
love how the word 'laugh' ended up showing through?
 This is a flat pouch with clear plastic. I got to keep this one and as you can see it's pretty handy for candies! Usually, there's Dove chocolates but somehow they all disappeared! If you know me, you know there's no mystery there.
 
Again, I have no idea what that gray piece is - I just thought it was cool and
it paired well with the Cotton and Steel crosses.

Quilted using a wide serpentine stitch. I love those colorful clusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment