Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'm Bacccckkkk!!!

 How did a year go by? OMGosh, I don't know, but lately we've been sew busy!
 First up is our Camping Quilt. We always wanted to have one after viewing all those great camping fabric collections. Finally, I saw Smore Lovin' in a fat quarter bundle and snatched it up. Also on my bucket list was to design a quilt using a dark background. This collection lent itself to dark teal and away we went. It went together quite fast, but then we decided to make it puffy and sandwiched it with 1/2 inch batting - plus the minky dot! OMGosh, this was not going to fit under my machine! With the help of my teenager, we were able to pull and push the sandwich through and swing it left and right to create the wavy quilting. It's not perfect, but it's ours and we love it!
 
These photos were taken at Itasca State Park in Minnesota on the weekend of September 20th. Nightly lows were almost in the 30's. We needed that 1/2 inch batting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment